WFA Special Events
Annual Wooden Boat Exhibit Coming October 17 & 18, 2015!
The WFA Annual Wooden Boat Exhibit is scheduled for October 17 & 18, 2015
241 East Beach Road Westport MA
The exhibit will be open from 10-4 both days. Plan to stop by and see the work and craftmanship of some of our local wooden boat builders.
This annual event is free and open to the public. Refreshments will be available.
If you are interested in participating by exhibiting one of your wooden classics, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 774-264-9200. We would love to hear from you!
Special events and activities:
- Saturday at noon - Pilot Gig rowing demonstrations (weather permitting)
- Sunday at 3:30 -"Best in Show" prize awarded to the favorite boat on display, as voted by attendees
- Both days: Marine equipment "flea market"; ship models and antique tools on display, refreshments and WFA merchandise for sale
- Boat sale: an historic Jim "Swampy" Vaughn skiff and a small sailboat will be for sale, with all proceeds to benefit the WFA.
Annual Special Events
- February: Annual Meeting & Oyster Stew Night
- May: "Run for the Water" 8K Road Race at Horseneck Beach
- July: Fishing Tournament
- Summer: Horseneck Point Life Saving Station open on Wednesday afternoons and weekends to the public 12-4 from June through Labor Day Weekend
- September: Annual Clambake
- October: Classic Wooden Boat Exhibit
Become a member to stay informed!